Friday, December 31, 2010

Clean Vents

This is going to sound like a really silly thing to post about, but I cleaned all the air vents in our house today.  I have been wanting to do it for a really long time and finally found the motivation in my daughter with no immune system. :)

My vacuum died right before Averi was admitted to the hospital back in October, which is when I first decided that cleaning the vents had been bumped up on the priority list because of Averi's health.  Long story short, my parents gave me a vacuum for Christmas that has a long hose on it that can fit down my vents.  I found all kinds of stuff down there, (monkeys, cars, food, dog toys, money, and my favorite - a sharp piece of metal) all of which was from the previous owners.

Being the OC person that I am, it didn't stop there.  I then made a bucket of bleach water and sanitized all the vents.  I am proud to say that we are starting the new year with the cleanest air this house has ever seen.

It's amazing how much more aware of germs I am now.  All of Averi's toys get cleaned with alcohol, there are bottles of sanitizer everywhere in our house, and we go through paper towels like you wouldn't believe because they are only used one time and then thrown away.  Sometimes I wonder what I'll be like when we have another baby

1 comment:

Lauren in GA said...

Wow...you had lots of treasures in those vents.