Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Not Sick

Averi got to have her once-a-week outing to the hospital again today to see how her counts are doing.  After the usual fuss, we met with the doctor who looked her over and checked to make sure that everything was okay.

Surprisingly, Averi is doing really well.  I say surprisingly because two days after Averi came home, Kaili started throwing up.  The pediatrician said it was a 2 week stomach bug that is extremely contagious and put her on Zofran (now both my kids are druggies).  Luckily, Kaili is the sanitizer Nazi at our house and has been really good about wearing her mask all the time, cleaning her hands, and staying away from Averi.

I don't know if I'm glad she's sick while I'm home - because I'd have to be home with Kaili and find someone to sit with Averi at the hospital every day for two weeks - or extremely paranoid that Averi will get sick.  No matter what I want or think, we are half way through it and no one else has gotten sick.  Life does come with little miracles!
(Us pretending to do PT while we are at home.  I may or may not have ended this session by dropping her on her head.)

Averi's ANC came back at a whopping 750.  I figured she was moving up fast and that we'd be back in a couple of days to start cycle 3...nope.  We aren't going back until next Tuesday, a whole week.  While part of me is glad that we are guaranteed another week at home together, shouldn't her counts be at 1,000 way before next week?  I am so anxious to get this over with and move on with life.

1 comment:

Lauren in GA said...

You make me laugh...calling your girls druggies.