Thursday, July 14, 2011

Shopping

I don't know if you know this, but being stuck at home all day everyday can wear on you after a while.  I've had a couple of errands on my to do list for a while now and haven't been able to actually go do them because for some reason I can't leave Averi at home by herself. :)  Since everything went so well last night, I decided to give it a try today.  Yikes!

I'm not quite ready to take her on a full blown grocery shopping trip but I thought a few quick stops at a couple of stores would be fine.  My first mistake was forgetting the baby wrap.  With nowhere to put Averi (I was definitely NOT putting her in a grocery cart) I had to carry her the entire time.  I also couldn't push a cart and hold Averi at the same time so Kaili had to walk, while I tried to keep track of her, and I had to carry a basket.

When my arm started to get tired from holding so much I asked Kaili if she could carry the basket for a little while.  While she did put a valiant effort into it for about 30 seconds, it just wasn't going to happen.  Just as I thought it couldn't get any worse - Averi fell asleep.  So I had dead-weight sleeping baby in one arm, an awkward basket in the other, and no hand left to hold onto Kaili.

You should have seen me trying to pay for my 4 items at the checkout. :)  I think I'll be complaining less about my 10:00 at night shopping trips from now on, and I don't think I'll be taking Averi shopping again any time soon!

1 comment:

Simply, Sarah said...

I always take Anthony shopping in his stroller, and push that with with hand, while pulling a shopping cart with the other. I don't want to even attempt to clean the cart enough for him to be in it, and this way he is more comfortable...sometimes I put snack on the stroller tray for him or bring his little DVD player with a movie.

And when it's starting to be more of the germy season, I cover him with a stroller rain cover. There are vents in the side, so air can go through and he can breathe, but he can't touch other people or things, and they don't touch him.