Sunday, May 9, 2010

Birthday Cake

Averi is finally starting to feel a little bit better so I decided to make her birthday cake today. I am glad to say that she delivered.

For Kaili’s first birthday I made a baby cake and put a hemangioma on it’s forehead so it would look like her. We thought it was only appropriate to make an Averi baby cake, complete with heart scar and Mickey Button.

Kaili was way more excited than Averi.

The first grab.

We took a ton of pictures, along with a really long video that I will not bore you with, so I tried to just pick out the best ones. At one point she surprised us and went face first into the cake.




When she was done with the cake she moved on to her foot.

That's right, I did that.

I was really worried she wouldn’t know what to do with it, but she managed to make a very good mess (with the help of her big sister). I even found out later that Kaili pulled out the Mickey and sucked it off. It had been washed but it had also spent the last few months in Averi’s stomach. Mmmmm!
Happy Birthday again Averi.

4 comments:

Glenn and Melanie said...

I love the cake and the pictures - I wish I could have been there. You are so good at making such cute cakes!

Brandy said...

She is TOO TOO CUTE!

Lauren in GA said...

That cake is so adorable and so is the birthday girl!!!

I love the mickey button and the heart surgery scar. You are the greatest, Tiffany.

Vicki said...

She is just too cute!!! I love the picture of her eating her foot!