Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Last Bath

Once Averi has her central line put in she won’t be able to take tub baths, so I put the girls in the tub this morning and told them to play as long as they wanted.  Kaili was very excited (she loves doing anything with her sister) and Averi was happy to be able to splash.
When they had been in there for a while, I left for a second to get a shirt and returned to find the tub full of poop.  Kaili was playing with her toys on the side of the tub and stared at me like I was crazy when I screamed, “Stand up stand up, you’re sitting in POOP!”

I finally got them both out and sat Averi down on a towel.  Dan, being the helpful husband that he is, was outside mowing the lawn and couldn’t help so I decided to just leave the poop where it was and fill up the tub in the other bathroom.  When I returned from that, Kaili informed me that Averi had peed.  I patted myself on the back for sitting her on a towel until I realized that the towel was on the bathmat and both were now soaked with urine.

Again I decided to leave the mess for later and bent down to pick Averi up and take her to the other bathroom.  That’s when I saw the brown chunks coming out of her mouth.  She was eating her poop!  I panicked – my first thought being that she can’t make herself sick eating poop because then they won’t start her chemo.  I stuck my finger in her mouth and tried desperately to scoop it out.  Then I started wiping her face with the urine towel.

Eventually I got her into the tub and splashed the rest of it off.  Needless to say, I decided that her special last bath was over and I washed and diapered her.

When Dan came inside later and I told him what happened, the first words out of his mouth were, “Did you get a picture?”  No Dan, no my first thought was not to stop and grab the camera while my daughter ate her own poop.  Of course he did clean out the tub for me so I can’t be too annoyed with him. :)  Maybe I’m not as upset about her not being able to bathe as I thought I was.

10 comments:

Celeste Ferguson said...

I'm sorry. I can't help but laugh. Such a husband thing to say!! :) ALthough, I too hate, poop in the tub!!

Lauren in GA said...

Please don't be mad at me...but when I read that she had her poop in her mouth I gasped...and laughed.

some friend I am.

Brandy said...

I'm still laughing...

jen a. said...

Loved the detail about wiping her face with the CLEAN towel. Tiff you crack me up in so many ways!

Vanessa said...

Nice. What an experience to have as her last bath for a while.

Vicki said...

Yeah, I'm still laughing too!

Stephanie said...

I'm still laughing, too!! I still remember when I went in to get Cole out of his crib one morning, only to find that his room was stinky, his diaper off, poop in his hands and around his mouth. I'm not one of those mom's who gets a picture of that either. Loved that you wiped her off with the urine towel. You trumped me. haha :)

Tina said...

I tried to tell you how much I loved this post and you the other day but for some reason it wouldn't let me, so I'm doing it now. Favorite part was the urine towel. I love you!

Anonymous said...

yes the old sister it's very beautiful kid a sperm her face very good and fuck her's little holes

Anonymous said...

Fuckher and let baby watch then big sis can watch me with her baby sis i love babypussy best