Yesterday went much better than Tuesday. The fever was gone and Averi was acting more like herself thank goodness for antibiotics). The doctors told us to just sit tight and let her finish recovering, and if everything went well they would check her out today and maybe start the chemo.
The massage therapist came by as well and Averi really liked her. She did really simple things, just to get Averi used to her, like downward motions on her back, arms, and legs. She is going to come back 3 times a week as well. I have to admit, besides the whole being really sick thing, I might have to consider spending some time in the hospital.
All in all, Averi was almost herself and I had great hopes for today. Early this morning, we went down to radiology for Averi to get another chest x-ray. The doctor said that the pneumonia is still there but looking better and that she would talk to the other doctors about starting chemo today. I know it seems silly to not want to wait just one more day since we have 6 months of this ahead of us, but every day counts.
I had no idea how toxic the drugs are that they are giving her. They have to be given with saline to dilute them and it can't come in contact with anything. We have to wear gloves to change her diapers and if any urine, poop, or vomit gets on us we have to wash and change immediately. It is orange and will turn her urine orange as well, and it even has to be kept in a brown wrapper to protect it from the light. That definitely sounds like something I want to be putting in my daughter.