Friday, September 24, 2010

Speech: Week 2, Going, going, going

I believe Averi’s speech pathologist has more energy and speaks more than Kaili, and that’s saying quite a lot.  Her sentences run together and she jumps from activity to another without even stopping for air.

I have a hard time following her sometimes so I know it’s got to be confusing for Averi.  She’s really sweet and I think she’s just trying to get as much into our 30 minutes as she can, but it’s intense.

Today we worked played with balls (ba, ba, ba), animals (moo, baa, woof), and puzzles and shapes (communicating where certain pieces go).  Averi seemed to have fun so maybe I’m just letting my pessimism get the best of me.

At the end of the session I had to tell this complete stranger that next week will be our last visit since Averi will be starting her chemo.  For some reason I can pour my heart out to people I don’t even know through the blog but it was hard for me to open up my personal life for her.  I felt like it was none of her business, which is really weird.  Anyways, we only have one more session with her and then I can get a break (if that’s what you want to call it).

No comments: