Wednesday, September 1, 2010

PT: Week 19, Now Raise Your Hand

After doing so well last week, I was curious to see how Averi did today.  I’ve really been trying to do better about having her practice side sitting and such when we are at home and she is less fussy.  I like to think it is helping.

Abbi had Averi do sit-ups on the ball, side sit, get into four-point, and sit up from laying down.  Then she worked some more with having Averi squat to put weight on her feet and stand up.

Every time I think Averi is starting to get the hang of something, Abbi throws in something new.  Today she tried to get Averi to pick up one hand while in four-point.  She was not very excited about it and we basically had to just hold the hand up for her, but she was able to balance on just the one hand and her knees.  I was impressed.

By far the funniest thing that happened today was when Abbi was trying to hold Averi in four-point, and I was trying to distract her and get her to look up, and Averi decided to show us she was done by removing both hands from the mat and collapsing.  The only problem was that she collapsed right onto the toy I was trying to distract her with.  I kid you not, her head bruised within minutes.  I guess that's what happens at PT when you don't do what we ask you to do. :)
Sometimes, after leaving PT, it amazes me the many things our bodies learn to do all on their own.  I can only imagine what it’d be like if we had to put this much effort into every single person born (and how many people would never learn to move around).

No comments: