She has been extremely fussy, grumpy, and inconsolable. She wants to be held and then wants to be put down and then wants to be held. We have no idea how to console her because she has no idea what she wants.
Eating has gone down the drain. Seeing us get food ready makes her happy and then we try to give her a bite and she freaks out before the food even touches her lips. Then a tantrum breaks out and then she's eating and then she's not.
(Kaili sat on the floor with Averi last night and read her several books. She even let Averi turn the pages. It was super cute!)
Per doctors orders, we slowly weaned her off the steroid until Saturday and then went to the clinic today for blood work. She has made great improvements even from yesterday. Hopefully we will never have to use steroids in that high of a dose ever again (I probably just jinxed myself).
I was adamant about staying at the clinic until her results came back so that we would know for sure what the game plan was and someone wouldn't forget to call us again. After a couple hours the nurse told me that Averi's ANC was was over 4000 and she would check with the doctor to see if we needed to do anything else before we left.
Just as I was sending a text announcing the great news, she returned and said to wait because the doctor was deciding if the ANC was due to steroids. I was so annoyed. I even specifically asked before we were discharged to make sure this wouldn't happen.
Luckily, they decided that 4000 was high enough that even if the steroid was affecting it, it wasn't enough for it be below 1000 without it. Then they scheduled her to be admitted tomorrow! It was a close one, but we prevailed. :)