Wednesday, August 25, 2010

PT: Week 18, A Good Day

Today was one of those days when you leave PT feeling like you’re actually getting somewhere and not just wasting your time and money (completely opposite from last weeks’ feelings).  There was still crying involved, but nearly as much as usual (maybe it had something to do with the twin boys not being on the mat next to us doing PT).

Averi seems to have finally wrapped her head around what we are trying to do at PT.  That doesn’t mean she likes it, or even that she tries to do it and cooperate, but it does mean that she is getting stronger.
A few days ago I tried to get Averi into four-point and she didn’t fight me on it.  Maybe it was because we were at home and more comfortable, but whatever the reason, she stayed there.  I rocked her back and forth for a while and then I let go…and she stayed there!  I couldn’t believe it.

After that I, I started trying several times a day.  Not only will she hold herself up on all fours all by herself, but if I hold a book in front of her and read it she will even hold her head up instead of resting it on the floor.  I decided to start taking books with us to PT.

She even managed to do well for Abbi today as well.  She did well in four-point, kneeling and even standing.  I don’t know where it came from, but I hope it stays!

No comments: