Monday, May 23, 2011

So Close

I may or may not be 5 weeks behind on posting. =P  In my defense, this last cycle has been a bit busy, in true Averi fashion.  It hasn't been all bad, but it certainly didn't go as smoothly as my naive brain wanted.  So, sit back and enjoy the ride (hopefully in fast forward) ...

Averi's counts have finally reached a suitable level to start the last cycle of chemo - 2747 to be exact.  As always, it took a little longer than we had hoped, but that's how Averi likes it.

She is scheduled to start the last round tomorrow, but to be honest I'm not letting myself get excited until that last bag of chemo has been hung and started.  Luckily, her counts are high enough that the chance of them dropping down below 1000 in one day is really slim.  We are so close, hopefully everything goes well tomorrow and this will all be over soon!

3 comments:

Lauren in GA said...

Thanks for the update ☺. I hope everything goes smoothly.

That is such a cute picture.

Cindy said...

I've been off the blog for a while and just read this. I hope Averi is continuing to do well.

Amber Schlaht said...

The Fisher family has been on my mind lately. Can we get an update please?