Monday, May 2, 2011

Bald is Beautiful

As one last birthday gift, I decided to buzz Averi's head last night before she went to bed.  It didn't quite go as planned.  Her hair is so thin and wispy that the clippers just pushed the hair over and didn't cut them.  So I moved on to plan B - scissors.
Before: (don't those pathetic eyes just melt your heart?)
I know it's not even, but the hairs are so far apart that no one can tell.  It also would have been nice to get rid of more of it, since it has to be itching her to death, but at least the longer wispy hairs are all gone now.  She now officially looks the part of a cancer patient.
After:  As Great Grandpa Davis always says, "Bald is Beautiful!"

I thought she looked exceptionally beautiful today, maybe its because she's 2 or because the lack of hair leaves you dwelling on her gorgeous eyes, so I decided to take some snapshots.
She kept scooting forward to get to the camera so I eventually gave up and took some shots from above.  Her smile is contagious.

Every now and then Averi does something and I feel like I've been given a short second to see her soul.  For that brief period of time the DS melts away and I see the person inside who's not weighed down by that extra chromosome.  I don't want this to come out wrong, because I wouldn't change a single thing about Averi, but it calms my soul to know that the perfected Averi, the spirit that I will spend eternity with, is still deep inside her.
For whatever reason, this picture is one of those moments for me (I think it's because it reminds me of Kaili when she was little):
Bald really is beautiful!

3 comments:

Vicki said...

She is beautiful!! and yes, her eyes are gorgeous!
I love those sweet spirit to spirit moments, it's what keeps the drudgery of day to day life from getting me down.
What a choice daughter of God she is!

Lauren in GA said...

This made me cry...in a good way...


I am glad you got to experience a spirit to spirit moment with her. She is a doll. I agree...her smile is contagious and bald is beautiful.

Vanessa said...

B-E-A-utiful! Absolutely beautiful!